At Bravo Target Safety our priority is to get all workers home safely every day. It is our duty to conduct all operations in a safe and professional manner with accountability to our employees, clients, and other stakeholders. We provide safety coordination, project planning and trained safety personnel for turn-around, construction, drilling and day-to-day field operations.
Bravo Target Safety is looking for an experienced, career-minded Payroll Administrator to join our team at our Calgary location. Reporting directly to the Payroll Supervisor, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll along with performing various clerical and accounting duties. The Payroll Administrator provides support to other roles within the department as required.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for all office and hourly employees.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance, and other deductions.
- Extract timesheets and review work hours for completeness and accuracy.
- Daily time entry and corrections into the payroll system.
- Work with Management, Administrators, Dispatchers, and other personnel to ensure accurate and timely entering of all timesheets, hours, and accruals.
- Create required internal management reports from the payroll system.
- Maintain employee information that is relevant to payroll purposes up to date, as required.
- Ensure all wage changes are made accurately and in time for effected pay periods.
- Follow payroll procedures for terminated employees.
- Stay current with payroll regulations, standards, and work methods.
- Reconcile payroll totals and ensure all deductions are paid as scheduled.
- Ensure accurate processing of sick pay, benefits, and vacation payouts.
- Respond to employee and government agency inquiries regarding payroll.
- Ensure the creation and timely distribution of T4s, T2200’s and ROE’s.
- Adhere to all policies and follow established processes.
- Participate in required meetings providing input and recommendations.
- Prepare and distribute reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of employee’s personal information as well as financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation.
- Minimum 2 years payroll experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll and payroll tax laws required.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends, as required
- Be fit for duty daily.
- Comply with all of Bravo Target Safety’s and/or Clients rules and expectations.
- Proven track record of exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of the job.
- Strong written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with solid organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well independently and to seek guidance when required.
- Ability to use general office equipment effectively. Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Willingness and ability to undertake training needed in order to fulfil the changing requirements of the job.
- Posses a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively use various office-based software including Microsoft Office Suite. Experience working Vista by Viewpoint is considered an asset.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiating, and conflict resolution skills with the ability to deal professionally with people who may become impatient, frustrated, or demanding in a fast-paced work environment.
Bravo Target Safety offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Candidates will be screened, interviewed and placement will be based on best fit for the individual and Bravo Target Safety.
If you would like to join us in our Mission to be Canada’s most Reliable, Responsible and Respected industrial safety company please your application for review.