At Bravo Target Safety our priority is to get all workers home safely every day. It is our duty to conduct all operations in a safe and professional manner with accountability to our employees, clients, and other stakeholders. We provide safety coordination, project planning and trained safety personnel for turn-around, construction, drilling and day-to-day field operations.
Bravo Target Safety is looking for an experienced, career-minded Human Resources Coordinator to join our team in our Edmonton office on a temporary 1-year contract to cover a maternity leave – with the potential to turn permanent full-time. The Human Resources Coordinator reports directly to the Human Resources Business Partner and is located out of our Edmonton office. The Human Resources Coordinator acts on behalf of the employees to resolve any outstanding work-related conflicts, provides support to the Human Resource department as requested by management, which can include data entry, file maintenance, policy and procedure writing as well as participation in the recruiting process. This role requires the individual to keep current with all applicable laws and regulations. The Human Resources Coordinator is required to maintain positive relationships between the management team and employees.
- Perform exceptional customer service by answering employee requests and questions in a timely manner.
- Recommend new policies and procedures to effect company improvements and organizational efficiencies.
- Conduct audits of HR programs and recommend corrective action.
- Assist with processing of onboarding in mass quantities in fast paced time frames.
- Assist with processing of terminations.
- Process required documents through payroll to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions such as time off requests and wage increases.
- Support HR Business Partner with all transactional HR functions.
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested by the HR Business Partner.
- Schedule and follow up with pre-employment and pre-access Drug and Alcohol testing.
- File documents electronically into appropriate files.
- Assist with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive personnel records.
- Respond to internal and external Human Resources related inquiries from clients, department managers, business partners, and other parties.
- Set up, organize, and maintain electronic database and filing systems.
- Supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- Maintain a prominent level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives, and visitors.
- Stay current on HR, administrative and office management best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Human Resource Management preferred.
- Related post-secondary diploma will also be considered with minimum 3+ years’ experience in related field.
- CPHR designation is an asset.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Experience in the Safety industry preferred, any oil field experience is considered an asset.
- Be fit for duty daily.
- Proven record of accomplishment of exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of the job.
- Strong written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy.
- Strong knowledge of current employment law matters, with a strong commitment to diversity management.
- Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with tight deadlines and busy turnaround seasons.
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with solid organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with a wide variety of people including office, field staff, diverse cultures, and various work experience levels.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively use various office-based software including Microsoft Office Suite. Experience working with Cognito Forms, Vista by Viewpoint, and Workhub are considered assets.
- Working knowledge of principles, theories, and techniques related to job classification, job analysis, and job descriptions.
Bravo Target Safety offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Candidates will be screened, interviewed and placement will be based on best fit for the individual and Bravo Target Safety LP. Hours and rates of pay will be discussed within the interview.
If you would like to join us in our Mission to be Canada’s most Reliable, Responsible and Respected industrial safety company please submit your application for review.