Business Development Representative – Calgary, AB
Bravo Target Safety is a Canadian owned Industrial Safety Services company, with offices across Western Canada. We provide high calibre and best in-class personnel, supported by high quality and well-maintained equipment. Bravo Target Safety demands high standards and the best for our team and customers – our Technology & Innovation department is continually exploring new technology to solve these needs.
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives are very important to us, which is why we are continually looking to decrease our carbon footprint, support local communities and are proud members of the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business; specifically partnering with the Enoch Cree Nation and Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation
At Bravo Target Safety our purpose is to get all workers home safely every day. It is our duty to conduct all operations in a safe and professional manner with accountability to our employees, customers, and other stakeholders. We provide safety coordination, project planning and trained safety personnel for turnaround, construction, drilling and day-to-day field operations.
Bravo Target Safety is proud of our corporate culture and team cohesion and are currently looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to be based out of our Calgary office. The BDR under the direction of the Director of Business Development, is primarily responsible for building key customer relationships with new and existing customers. The BDR will work with staff from various departments to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue. This role will manage existing customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business and will cold-call within the Calgary Central Business District (CBD) exploring opportunities for business growth.
- Build key customer relationships with new and existing customers.
- Work with staff from various departments to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue.
- Manage existing customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction and retain business.
- Cold-call within the Calgary CBD area to ensure continual opportunities for business growth.
- Conduct research to identify potential customers.
- Identify business opportunities, generate warm leads, and seek out partnerships.
- Negotiate and close business deals.
- Develop a rapport with new customers.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Predict customers’ future needs and devise strategies and action plans to meet those needs.
- Stay up-to-date on the company’s current product and service offerings.
- Work with technical staff and colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Attend industry functions and provide feedback and information on. emerging trends.
- Consult with and present to senior management on business trends in order to develop new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the sales team.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals and meet targets.
- Submit weekly progress reports, ensuring accuracy of data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five plus (5 +) years of sales experience in a related industry
- Postsecondary degree not essential but considered an asset.
- Proven understanding of the Oil & Gas industry,
- Specifically, Facility Maintenance, Turnaround, Wellsite and Pipeline.
- Knowledge of Industrial Safety Services beneficial
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning, and implementation skills
- Ability to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, and facts.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Ability to respond appropriately in high-pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Proven track record of exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate leadership in all aspects of your job.
- Must be computer proficient with the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Travel up to 10%, to support regional offices, is required
If you would like to join us in our Mission to be Canada’s most Reliable, Responsible and Respected industrial safety company please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bravo Target Safety offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Candidates will be screened, interviewed and placement will be based on best fit for the individual and Bravo Target Safety.
Hours and rate of pay will be discussed at the time of interview.