Bravo Target Safety is a Canadian owned Industrial Safety Services company, with offices across Western Canada. We provide high caliber and best in-class personnel, supported by high quality and well-maintained equipment.
At Bravo Target Safety our purpose is to get all workers home safely every day. It is our duty to conduct all operations in a safe and professional manner with accountability to our employees, customers, and other stakeholders. We provide safety coordination, project planning and trained safety personnel for turnaround, construction, drilling and day-to-day field operations.
Bravo Target Safety is proud of our corporate culture and team cohesion and is currently looking for a full-time Accounting Technician to join our team based out of our Calgary office. The Accounting Technician, under the direction of the Controller, is primarily responsible for the General Accounting of the company.
- Prepare and coordinate the timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports including analysis to validate the accuracy and consistency with expectations.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP/ASPE.
- Monitor all bank transactions including month end bank reconciliations.
- Perform accurate monthly reconciliations of all GL accounts.
- Posting monthly and ad hoc journal entries.
- Maintain accounting schedules, such as the capital asset and lease accounting schedule.
- Coordinate monthly preparation & posting of accruals with the billing and payables teams.
- Ensure corporate taxes, GST, PST, and other remittances are reconciled and paid as required.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Assist with preparation of the budget and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly analysis of variances against planned activities, providing insight into key movements.
- Assist billing team with generating and sending client invoices as needed.
- Assist payables and payroll teams as required.
- Participant in a strong accounting control, and system processes in our ERP System (Viewpoint).
- Ad hoc tasks and projects assigned by the Controller and by other Company Management.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Ability to learn effective use of ERP System (Vista by Viewpoint).
- Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite, mainly Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with general bookkeeping work including journal entries, accounting schedules and reconciliations.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- 5 years of experience in an accounting position.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate with a focus in accounting.
- A CPA designation would be an asset but is not required.
- Be fit for duty daily.
- Comply with all of Bravo Target Safety’s and/or Clients rules and expectations.
- Exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a wide variety of people.
- Motivated to make a difference and problem solve with a positive outlook.
- Embrace the corporate culture of servant leadership, inter-team support, and strong internal and external customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability with a drive to meet deadlines.
- Willing to take on additional tasks as required and learn new skills.
- Previous experience in oilfield services, drilling, field operations or plant construction industries considered an asset.
Bravo Target Safety offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. All resumes will be reviewed and applicants with the most applicable requirements will be interviewed by the Controller. Hours and rates of pay will be discussed within the interview.